Sunday, January 12, 2014

Many Things Look Easier Than They Are

My girls assured me that I was being an idiot complaining about how hard planks are. I hired a personal trainer back in May and I've pushed myself to do things I never thought I could at this point in my life. I'm fat and have asthma, among other problems.

Anywho, I was talking to my mom on the phone about how doing a plank on the floor for 60 seconds (working to the floor from inclined planks) pretty much kicked my butt. (I'm sure it's not a remarkable feat, but for my fat butt it is!) Both of my girls (11 and 5) told me I was pretty much a wimp and they could kick my butt on the plank. Challenge accepted! My oldest was so bold to say she could plank for TWO minutes. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

She lasted about 20 seconds.

My 5-year-old was able to plank for the full 60 seconds, but I think she resembled my struggles to make the whole minute.

The plank is one of my least favorite exercises. I prefer lifting weights. What do you like or hate?

Until next time, be a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment