Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Blog

I had a blog. I had a blog for years then Google decided I couldn't have my domain name anymore (or I'm just not smart enough to jump through all the hoops they wanted me to jump through) and I couldn't post there anymore. Truth told, I hadn't posted much in the last year anyway, but it still kind of pissed me off that I couldn't write on my own blog anymore. I still have the posts, so some may occasionally be recycled here. I sometimes impress myself with my old posts when I have the time to reread the past.

So I started a new blog. I plan to be myself, since I can't be a unicorn. At least I haven't figured out how to be a unicorn yet. This is me. I am a wife to a remarkably tolerant man that I piss off on a regular basis. Usually I have no idea what I've done to piss him off, so that's a fun guessing game. I have three kids: the order is girl, boy, girl, and yes, we planned to have the third even though she is four years younger than her brother. When I grow up, if I grow up, I want to write a novel and I want to be a photographer. I've started two or three novels, then they sit. I'm daunted by the in-between details in telling the story. I find it is much easier to write when I am reading regularly, so that may be the reason my writing has fallen off lately. I'm watching too much The Walking Dead on Netflix instead of going to bed early to read.

I wanted this first post to be witty and entertaining, but it wasn't getting written so I just dove in. I've heard that's how you get past writer's block...just start writing.

Until next time, be a unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment